Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Turf Log - Stan Lee is a Shmuck, Captain America Told Me So

Ted Dawson over at "Three Men in a Tub" reported yesterday that the preview trailer for the next big Marvel Comics movie "Captain America: The First Avenger" that was shown at last weekends San Diego Comic Con, featured this little tidbit in it's credits.


Hmmmmm. It's always been my understanding, that Captain America was created by Joe Simon and Jack Kirby. At the time Stan Lee was at best, filling ink wells, fetching coffee and sandwiches and emptying trash cans for the writers and artists at Marvel...I mean Timely Comics.

It was the least he could do, I mean he was the 19 year old cousin of publisher Martin Goodman's wife...the little pimply-snot-nosed brat needed SOME kind of a job.

I can imagine though how the mix up in the credits happened though...


I guess it pays to be the last man standing. With Joe Simon and Jack Kirby both departed from this mortal coil, [IT HAS BEEN CALLED TO MY ATTENTION IN THE COMMENTS SECTION THAT JOE SIMON IS STILL ALIVE. MY APOLOGIES FOR NOT KNOWING THIS, AMMENDS TO BE MADE IN TOMORROWS BLOG!] Stan gets dibs on whatever he wants. He did after-all have a part in Captain America's revival in the 1960's...oh wait...Jack Kirby did a lot of that too.

What the hell. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Marvel's next big movie after Cap won't be coming out till next year sometime. With Stan fast approaching 90 years old, maybe he'll be dead by then, so I best get my name in the hat!


Dirty stinking Swedes. You gonna believe them and all that history junk or me???

Talk to you soon!

5 comments:

Runs.with.Ferals said...

Great skit between Cap & Skull, like Bugs & Daffy.

Ivan G Shreve Jr said...

If I ever make a movie, the credits are going to read "Wanker..........Stan Lee".

Unca Jeffy said...

Lys: The only thing I forgot was "Pronoun trouble!"

Ivan: I'm logging in to my Fandango account as we speak to buy the first ticket!

Mark Mayerson said...

Joe Simon is very much alive.

Unca Jeffy said...

YIKES!! What a knucklehead I am...I just assumed!! Thanks Mark...amends will be made!!!

Search This Blog