Sunday, August 15, 2010

Jeffy Sing-A-Song Monday - Willie and Buffet Covers

Today I continue my battle with my cranky modem, I thought I'd flash back a bit.

Here's a couple of short songs I have been playing since I first banged on a guitar and tried to make noise on it. 1 and 2 verse songs that are always great party songs. I felt a bit more at home in these songs when I looked more like this...


I'm not quite the "party till you drop and then rally for some more" guy I once was. It's not that I don't have the desire...I just can't find the time! When the hell did we get all that boozin' and carrousin' done anyway???

Anyway, here's a couple that used to get me in gear. Since they're so short and in the same mode, I thought I'd lay them both down today.

First up, Willie Nelson's anthem for the non-apologetic drunk who tells you "why" anyway..."I Gotta Get Drunk":



And a Monday morning is not the traditional time for this song...at least not unless you can "think outside the box"! Jimmy Buffett's "Why Don't We Get Drunk and Screw?". The song he pledged not to write, he used the nom de plum Marvin Gardens to shoulder the blame...but YOU can blame ME if ya want!



Have a good Monday and remember those halcyon carefree days...or nights.

Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Search This Blog