Monday, December 27, 2010

2010 "Best" of My Blog - New Years Resolutions

Here we are at the concluding week to another year, that's right, even the end of a decade. As with last year I thought I'd take a few days to re-post some of the things I was proud of on my blog from the past year.

If you're a new reader, these are some things you may have missed that I think you'll enjoy and are examples of what I hope my blog to be. If you're a long-time reader, thank you. I have really enjoyed the last year and a half of this blog, it's really doing what I want it to do for me and the fact you're checking in from time to time and commenting is what helps spur me along.

I look forward to doing it for a long time now. A regular schedule to keep me picking up my drawing and writing pen has been a great satisfaction for me. I look forward to you coming along with me.

At the beginning of 2010 I did a few posts wherein myself and some of the characters in my cartoons pledged out New Years Resolutions. Let's review and see how well we did over the last year.

The 3rd of January 2010 - "Jeffy's Resolution".

The beginning of a new year. A time of renewal, a time of re-examination of ones self. A time a lot of us choose to resolve to make changes in our lives:





And, no...it is NOT the beginning of a new decade. Decades, Centuries, Millennia all begin at #1, not #0. Didn't we just have this talk 10 years ago????? THERE WAS NO YEAR 0!!!

sigh

I almost made it a full 60 seconds there. Maybe next year.
The 4th of January, 2010 - "The Resolutions of Jeffy's Angels".

New Year's Resolutions from "The Drink Hole"!





and I resolve to become a better letterer in the coming year!
The 5th of January, 2010 - "I Have a Little Walk with Jesus".

The Self-Improvement of the Savior:







Not everyone needs 12 steps I guess.
The 6th of January, 2010 - "The Flying Spaghetti Monster Resolves...".

Pastafarians REJOICE!





Oooooooooo..."Clash of the Titans"!

The 7th of January, 2010 - "Rusty Revolves and Resolves".

Keeping with this weeks theme, Rusty has a resolve or two she'll try and hold herself to in the new year.







The 8th of January, 2010 - A Message from Me.

Here it is the 8th of January. Statistics say most folks who make New Years Resolutions have given up on them by now and some are even feeling bad.

The deal is though, if you want to make a resolution, you don't have to wait until New Years Day to do it. If you want to lose a few pounds or quit smoking...and you've backslid a little since January 1st...make a January 8th resolution to start.

Don't feel bad about failing in any self-improvement you've attempted...just try again. Every success in the world usually only follows 100 or so failures.

Don't beat yourself up.

You'll never get there that way.

Keep doing what you do well. Try and get better at what you don't.

Here's a song for you to sing to yourself.



I think you're alright too.

I think I'll stand by it all.

Talk to you soon.

2 comments:

Runs.with.Ferals said...

Here here~! And back when I was a lush, the viral motto was "Beer is liquid bread" ! Nice to see this retrospective. These strips are still relevant, and, through the transitive property, YOU still are too. Don't change nutt'n if it ain't broke ;~j

Unca Jeffy said...

Thanks and Happy New Year to you, Lysdexicuss...I think YOU'RE an alright guy, too!

Search This Blog