Sunday, December 26, 2010

Boob McNutt, Puck and Frank King - Nemo #24 - 2 of 2

Boob McNutt.

If I owned a candy bar company, I know what my best seller would be called.

Here's part 2 of "Nemo the Classic Comics Library" #24, chock full of Rube Goldberg's "Boob McNutt and lots more for your post-holdiday enjoyment.












Also included is a brief overview of 12 cartoonists who made "Puck" famous. Satirical social and political cartooning at it's best and a periodical that helped shape a nations sensibilities. Ryan Walker, Art Young, Robert Minor, Maurice Becker, Boardman Robinson, Clive Weed, John Sloan, George Bellows, Kenneth Russell Chamberlain, William Gropper, Jacob Burck and Fred Ellis...I salute you!

















I love this "How to Be a Comic Artist" 2 pager by "Gasoline Alley" creator Frank King. Funny stuff!




Don't worry, Kiddoes...there's still more to come...

I'm feeling a bit peckish...I think I'll go grab a couple Boob McNutts.

Talk to you soon.

3 comments:

Pappy said...

I've gone McNutts over Boobs a time or two.

Thomas Haller Buchanan said...

What a great magazine Nemo was, and once again I have to say—what a great service you're performing for us all. Thanks again Jeffy!

Unca Jeffy said...

Pappy: Who hasn't!!!

Thomas: Always glad to give some back to all the great scanner/bloggers out there who've given so much...not the least of whom are you and Pappy!

Happy Boxing Day!

Search This Blog