Saturday, December 11, 2010

Chapter 22 - Captain Marvel and the Monster Society of Evil!

Woohoo!!! Mr. Mind and the Monster Society of Evil make the cover!


I haven't mentioned it before...but why hasn't that gator-headed Herkimer made it into the modern age of comics along with Cap?

I think DC is missing the boat on this one.









Granted, Herkimer never managed to nab the big guy...but think of it...no bad guy ever did.

CHRISTMAS BONUS: Since this blog has temporarily transformed into a Christmas in Comic Book blog, we can't leave the good Captain out of it. Check out Fawcett Comics' spin on a Dickins classic...









Good stuff!

Talk to you soon.

4 comments:

Runs.with.Ferals said...

DC misses the boat because they are a 'serious' comic book company. Fawcett comics were all about fun, so, of course there are Gator-Headed characters like Albert ;~j

Unca Jeffy said...

You're right of course, lys. Whimsy is a word not used enough anymore.

Anonymous said...

Hello Jeff! My name is Alexandre from Brasil. I love read these pages from Captain Marvel Adventures. Captain Marvel is my favourite super heroe from my all childhood and is always nece and funny see him gagged by his enemies. I hope can read all the 25 chapters from this Monster Society of Evil arch of storie. Thank you and hope see you soon.
Alexandre

Unca Jeffy said...

Thanks for stopping bym Alexandre! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I posted all the chapters of "The Monster Society of Evil" here. You can click the label at the bottom of the post for "Captain Marvel" and see them all (though they will appear in reverse order...just start at the oldest move o newest). Poke around a while, maybe you'll find more things you like here. :)

Search This Blog