Tuesday, December 7, 2010

"The Teen Titan's Swingin' Christmas Carol" - TT #13

Between the discomfort of cold weather, too much to do at work, clients who don't know their ass from their elbow...I think it's obvious I won't be catching up on my drawing this week...I mean who am I foolin'? So why not let's continue with some holiday comic book treats to remind us all of when the real world was just a fantasy and all good things came in 4 colors!

From 1967, here's Teen Titans #13 with a major 60's "Christmas Happening", "The TT's Swingin' Christmas Carol" featuring the original Titans line-up of Robin, Kid Flash, Aqualad and Wonder Girl! This was back in the day when folks like Bob Haney and Nick Cardy were there to make comics pure D fun.


I'm telling ya, just seeing Nick Cardy's take on Wonder Girl in her Santa costume is worth it all!






















I TOLD ya. Wonder Girl can slide down my chimney any old day.




Talk to you soon.

2 comments:

Thomas Haller Buchanan said...

I LOVEd Cardy's work in the late Silver Age.His take on WG and what was her name--Lilith? was always super. Speaking of which, if only he coulda woulda taken on a few Supergirl stories.

sigh

I miss the late Silver, early Bronze days.

Thanks for bringing out a bunch of stuff that I traded off long before I got a scanner.

Unca Jeffy said...

Lilith is correct Thomas...sigh...Lilith & WG. Cardy is sorely missed.

Search This Blog