Tuesday, August 30, 2011

"G.I.Shmoes!" - Wally Wood - Mad Mondays! (on Tuesday...sigh!)

Well, Mad Mondays falls a day late again as my August sabatical contues to lay waste my energy. That may sound bad, but I think it's a good thing in the long run.

This week we begin delving in to the 1954 issue 10 of "Mad" the COMIC BOOK and another nifty cover by Harvy Kurtzman!


Before we dig in, I want to give props to fellow blogger (and proudly a follower of this humble blog) BrittReid, who just recently in his blog "Western Comics Adventures" posted a story called "Low Noon" from Black Cat Mysteries, and then gave a shout out to last weeks Mad Mondays here called "Hah! Noon!". Great minds do indeed thin alike, Britt. Check out his blog and give him a holla!

Back to our story of the week. As I've said before and will say again, "Wood's women is HOT!" and in this story "G.I. Shmoes!" a spoof of all the war comics on the stands at the time, we got Wood's voluptuous 1950's women on 7 out of 8 pages. Yummmmm!

Oh yeah, the stories pretty funny too. So after ya oggle the pics, ya might wanna give "readin' them words" a try.

Enjoy!
















Talk to you soon.

2 comments:

Mykal Banta said...

Jeffie: This is my favorite kind of work from Wood - the cartoony stuff: Funny, sexy, brilliant, loose - just plain great and full of the kind of human expression sometimes lacking in his "serious" stuff. Thanks so much for sharing.

Unca Jeffy said...

A true cartoonist indeed, Mykal.

Search This Blog