Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Walter Foster and "Modern Cartoon"! 1 of 2

After the fun of "Cartooning the Head and Figure" over the last few weeks, a dug into my stack of books and pulled this gem.  "Modern Cartoon" published by the legendary Walter Foster and illustrated mostly by Hal Rasmussen.

These were books my older brother's had while I was growing up.  I never spent enough time delving into working with the books...but I spent HOURS drinking in Rasmussen's line-work and characters.

There's no copyright date in this bad boy, but the cartoons are definitely from the 1950's (if not late '40's) and rest assured, kiddoes...Walter Foster art instruction publishing is STILL cranking art books out after 90 years!

Dig in!!




















More tomorrow!

Talk to you soon!

3 comments:

Runs.with.Ferals said...

That girl on roller skates is too sexy to be a cartoon !

Unca Jeffy said...

Cartoons IS sexy...and yes, I noticed that when I was 8.

:)

José Gerardo said...

Thank you friend! years ago, I had these greatest books. Thank for share with us, boss! sorry for my bad english...

Search This Blog